Wagtopia is currently servicing these cities in California’s Bay Area: San Jose, Saratoga. Campbell, Cupertino, Santa Clara, Los Altos, Palo Alto, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, and Los Gatos.
Many people cannot imagine life without dogs. Although canines are known to be “man’s best friend,” dogs can often have some innocent but wearing tendencies that can make it difficult to live with. Problems such as jumping up to greet, understanding basic commands, pulling on leash, and barking, are quite common. Teaching your dog the skills and training them to act on them will not only help them live harmoniously in a human household, but also improve the relationship between you and your dog.
All of our training sessions take place either in your home, on walks in your neighborhood, or at a local dog friendly park. Some of benefits of training your canine companion in your home are:
- You are able to teach your dog in their home environment where they most often misbehave
- Avoid distractions from other dogs
- You are able to train in the comfort of your home
- In-home training allows us to have more availability and you more flexibility
Basic Obedience Classes
Our basic obedience classes are specifically tailored to dogs 5 months or older with little to no previous training. Our basic obedience class will allow your canine to discover a solid foundation for basic behaviors. Sessions for basic obedience can last anywhere from 60 to 120 minutes and cover the following:
- Coming when called
- Introduction of simple cues such as: “sit,” “stay,” and “leave it”
- Basic household manners
- One on One Session – $60 per session
- $275 for 5 sessions ($55 per session)
- Lesson with Owner – $75 per session
Our maintenance sessions are designed for dogs who have previously gone through basic obedience training. To help keep your canine polite, it is beneficial to have them reminded of their education. During Wagtopia’s Maintenance Sessions, our private trainer will come out to your home for a selected number of visits per week, for several weeks, and work with your canine on previous learned skills. Sessions last anywhere from 60 to 120 minutes and consist of loose-leash walking, basic commands, jumping when greeting, and more.
- $200/4 weeks, 1 session/week ($50 per session)
- $320/4weeks, 2 session/week ($40 per session)